Royal Terrace you can find 48 beautiful private suites ranging in size from 175 to 400 square feet. Each suite offers a private bathroom and some come equipped with a kitchenette.
Meals, laundry, housekeeping services, medication administration and recreational activities all provide a comfortable home for people whose needs exceed independent living.
The facility is governed by the Retirement Home Regulatory Authority (RHRA). Care will be provided by a registered practical nurse, personal support worker and Royal Terrace’s multidisciplinary team.
Available Care Services include:
- Access to registered staff 24 hours
- Assistance with bathing
- Assistance with personal hygiene
- Assistance with ambulation
- Administration of drugs or another substance
- Provision of a meals
- Assistance with dressing
- Any service that a member of the Ontario College of Pharmacists provides while engaging in the practice of pharmacy
- Any service that a member of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario provides while engaging in the practice of medicine
- Any service that a member of the College of Nurses of Ontario provides while engaging in the practice of nursing
Available Program Services:
- Café Lounge available 24 hours
- Monthly Tim Hortons Social
- Netflix available in common area
- Cards, games and pool table
- Exercise groups / walks
- Weekly Spiritual services
- Manicures/Foot Spas
- Tuck shop bi-weekly
- Discussion / reminiscing groups
- Knitting Club
- Seasonal events / programs
- Bus Outings
- Christmas light tours / caroling
Additional Services Available (fee-for-service basis)
- Foot Care
- Assistive Devices and Maintenance
- TV, telephone and internet (Wightman Telecom)
- Dental services
Royal Terrace provides organized, safe, and attractively served meals. Menus are developed and tailored to the uniqueness of the individual. Our 3 week rotation cycle menu is reviewed and approved by a consulting registered dietitian and our Residents Council.
Menus allow for resident input with resident choice lunch, dinner and theme meals. A particular popular event is our monthly Smorgasbord, which is held on the third Wednesday of each month.
Guests may accompany their loved one to meals with 24 hour notice (this service is on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions).